Update for Presidential Event on Tuesday, June 18th in downtown Orlando
— Update #3 – June 17, 2019 —
June 17, 2019 – Orlando, FL – Today, the City of Orlando, together with federal, state and local partners, released several more details related to expected impacts to the Downtown area for the Presidential event on Tuesday, June 18th .
On June 18, the city will be using the City of Orlando Twitter account (@CityBeautiful) to provide the most up-to-date road closure and transportation information.
Transportation Update – Monday, June 17, 2019:
The following information was provided at the press briefing today, including new details on specific road closures and recommended detours –
It is expected the roadways in the immediate area surrounding the Amway Center in downtown Orlando will begin closing starting at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, June 18, including:
• Church Street, from Hughey Avenue to Garland Avenue
◦ Church Street, from Hughey Avenue to Division Avenue (closed on Sunday, June 16 and will remain closed through Tuesday, June 18)
• South Street, from Hughey Avenue to Division Avenue
• Pine Street, from Garland Avenue to Hughey Avenue
• Hughey Avenue, from Central Boulevard to South Street
• Division Avenue, from Anderson Street to Central Boulevard
Additional road closures are planned to be implemented at 2 p.m. Tuesday, including the closure of the I-4 westbound South Street on-ramp.
Further road closures may be implemented on the event day as needed. Specific event road closures, including any decisions regarding necessary traffic changes on I-4, are being determined by the U.S. Secret Service, not the City of Orlando.
Due to the event, several areas will not be accessible for pedestrian traffic. Those areas will close to pedestrian travel starting at 9 a.m. tomorrow and include:
• Church Street from Garland Avenue
• Pine Street from Garland Avenue
• Hughey Avenue between Central Boulevard and South Street.
All Pedestrian traffic attending the event must use Central Boulevard to Division Avenue.
In an effort to reduce travel delays on Tuesday, June 18, the city recommends taking the following routes to get around the area:
• To head north in downtown: from Division Avenue, make a right onto east Anderson Street, and then make a left to go north on Rosalind Avenue.
• To head south in downtown: from Division Avenue, make a right onto Central Boulevard and then make a left to go south on Orange Blossom Trail.
• To move east and west in downtown: the following roads will provide east and west bound access – Anderson Street, Washington Street and Robinson Street.
Alternative Modes of Transportation
The City of Orlando encourages those who may be traveling in or out of downtown on this day to plan for additional travel time in anticipation of traffic delays. Alternate forms of transportation, such as LYMMO, SunRail, and bike share, can also assist in getting around.
LYNX & LYMMO
• LYNX and LYMMO will operate normal hours on Tuesday, June 18.
• Please anticipate route detours and schedule delays.
• Please check golynx.com for the latest information or call their customer service hotline at 407.841.5969.
• SunRail has announced additional evening service for Tuesday, June 18. SunRail will operate its normal service schedule until 10:00 p.m.
• Beginning at 10:00 p.m., SunRail will operate three northbound and three southbound trains departing exclusively from Church Street Station.
• The last train is scheduled to depart at 10:45 p.m.
• SunRail anticipates higher than normal volumes on all trains throughout the day. To ensure safety, SunRail reserves the right to limit onboard storage of bikes and strollers when trains are crowded.
• For tomorrow, additional parking will be made available at the Camping World Stadium Lots 6 and 7.
• These parking lots will open and shuttle service will begin at 7 a.m. Shuttle service will operate until 11 p.m.
• Shuttle drop off is currently planned to be at Parramore Avenue and Central Boulevard.
• For a map of road closures, including detours and recommended routes, please click here.
• For a map on parking at Camping World Stadium and shuttle service to Downtown, please click here.