ORLANDO INTERNATIONAL ENDS FIRST QUARTER OF 2019 WITH DOUBLE-DIGIT INTERNATIONAL TRAFFIC INCREASE
ORLANDO, FL. – For the first three months of 2019 international traffic at Orlando International Airport (MCO) increased by nearly 16 percent. Part of that increase can be attributed to the introduction of new international air service from Spirit, Thomas Cook and Virgin Atlantic airlines.
“As the most visited destination in the country, we have consistently added new air service, both international and domestic. Orlando International continues to look ahead and plan for future growth,” says Phil Brown, Chief Executive Officer of the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority. “The decisions we’re making today will have a long lasting impact, 30 to 40 years down the road.”
In March, MCO’s largest traffic gains came from Spirit, Frontier, United, JetBlue and Delta airlines with a combined increase of 291 thousand passengers being processed at Orlando International.
1st Quarter 2019 Statistical Data:
• Domestic passenger traffic increased 5.03 percent with a total of 11,022,573 travelers
• International passenger volume was up 15.96 percent to 1,795,853 arrivals and departures
• Combined for the first three months of 2019, international and domestic travel jumped 6.43 percent with 12,818,426 passengers at MCO
March 2019 Statistical Data:
• Domestic traffic climbed 5.57 percent after 4,119,989 passengers moved through MCO in March
• International traffic was up 15.36 percent after a record month with 652,941 passengers
• Combined, overall traffic gained a healthy 6.81 percent in March with 4,772,930 passengers at MCO
Basic MCO information:
Ranked by J.D. Power “Highest in Customer Satisfaction for Mega Airports” in 2017 & 2018. With more than 48 million annual passengers, MCO is the busiest airport in Florida and 10th busiest in the U.S. MCO has 21,000 badged employees and generates more than $41 billion in revenue for the regional economy. Orlando International Airport strives to value and delight its customers through an airport-wide design concept known as The Orlando Experience®.
Traffic Summary Report